An in-depth look of what’s to come at the October 28-30 Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance to be held at the Wynn Las Vegas.
LAS VEGAS – The third annual Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance™, one of the world’s most prestigious automotive events, debuts at Wynn Las Vegas on Friday, Oct. 28, through Sunday, Oct. 30. The luxury automotive experience pays homage to remarkable cars of the past, present and future at Wynn Golf Club, the 129-acre championship golf course at Wynn Las Vegas.
“The Concours d’Elegance and its legendary display of design, craftmanship and grandeur is precisely the type of elevated experience that our guests will thoroughly enjoy for years to come,” said Brian Gullbrants, President of Wynn Las Vegas. “Rare and priceless automobiles displayed upon the fairways of our Wynn Golf Club is a perfect match for this annual Wynn Las Vegas event.”
Hypercars add to the excitement in 2022
More than 60 ultra-elite hypercars join the previously-announced 2022 Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance™ lineup at Wynn Las Vegas. Wynn Las Vegas will display a small selection of the 200 antique and contemporary vehicles being showcased during Concours weekend leading up to the event.
Many of the appearing hypercars are limited-edition, showcasing sleek and seductive design from the world’s most sought-after manufacturers – such as McLaren’s open-rooftop Elva, the Bugatti Chiron Pur R6.002, the Bugatti Divo, and the four-seater Koenigsegg Gemera, among others. Some of the featured vehicles are also traveling to Las Vegas from prestigious museum collections, including The Nethercutt Collection, Petersen Automotive Museum, Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum, Mullin Museum, and the National Automobile Museum (The Harrah Collection). In addition, the event will feature four McLaren Speedtails, a must-see for any automotive enthusiast.
Now through Oct. 28, a variety of vehicles – some modern hypercars and other vintage classics – will be on display at the resort, including:
- 2020 McLaren Elva, named after the lightweight open-top race cars developed by Bruce McLaren. The 2020 model celebrates vintage speedsters, features an open-cockpit design and can go from 0-62 mph in under three seconds. The McLaren Elva is currently on display at Wynn’s main entrance.
- 2018 Bugatti Chiron, the fastest, most powerful, and exclusive production super sports car in Bugatti’s history. Each produced is one-of-a-kind. The Bugatti Chiron is currently on display outside of Jardin, in the Encore Esplanade.
- 1960 Maserati Tipo 61, commonly referred to as the “Birdcage” because of its then-unique light spaceframe construction when it premiered in 1959. This model is one of the most original Birdcages in existence. It will be on display in front of Terrace Pointe Café, near Wynn Golf Club, starting Oct. 19.
The Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance will also pay homage to remarkable cars of the past, present and future at Wynn Golf Club, with hypercars joining the previously-announced classes of Sports Racing, Race Cars, and more. The 2022 event kicks off on Friday, Oct. 28 with its annual gala at XS, followed by the weekend’s centerpiece exhibition on Saturday, Oct. 29. Renowned car enthusiast Jay Leno will serve as the grand marshal of the Tour d’Elegance, the grand parade of automobiles on the Las Vegas Strip that closes out the weekend on Sunday, Oct. 30.
As part of the Concours weekend experience, guests may choose from a variety of food-and-beverage experiences such as the Chairman’s VIP Tasting at the Grand Rotunda to the lively Concours Cookout. Room packages that showcase the resort’s newly re-designed accommodations are also available. For additional event information, please visit www.lasvegasconcours.com.
The lineup of weekend events will include:
- The Gala Concours Dinner, kicks off festivities on Friday evening and offers live entertainment, tasting stations and curated cocktails at Wynn Las Vegas’ premier nightclub, XS. The exclusive evening will showcase the Helene Awards™, a ceremony signature to the Las Vegas Concours d’Elegance that honors visionaries in the automotive industry.
- The centerpiece of the weekend, the Concours d’Elegance exhibition on Saturday, Oct. 29 will display a collection of rare and unique automobiles from around the world. The event is expected to showcase more than 100 exceptional collector cars from both pre- and post-war periods. Each year, Concours d’Elegance highlights a different Marque, which is a distinctive automobile model or brand. The 2022 Marque is the Ferrari F40. The event also consists of nearly 20 judged, non-judged and contemporary classes, such as British Post-War Sports and Sports Racing, American Luxury (1925-1942), European Luxury (1925-1942), Antiques (pre-1924), Race Cars, and more. Starting at 2 p.m., an esteemed panel of judges will present Best of Show winners and standouts with the coveted Helene Award statuette.
- The Chairman’s VIP Tasting on Oct. 29 is a premium lunchtime tasting experience underneath the grand rotunda on Wynn’s event lawn, and features select hosted bars alongside a range of tasting stations designed by executive chef Kelly Bianchi. Assorted tasting stations include: a sushi station with sashimi and assorted rolls; a beef tenderloin carving station; a slider station featuring Maine lobster and surf and turf, among others; a made-to-order pizza and pasta station; and a whimsical donut station.
- The Concours Cookout will feature a variety of grab-and-go options and select hosted bars amid the beautiful greenery of Wynn’s event lawn, also on Oct. 29. Grab-and-go offerings include a salad and sandwich station, a kebab station, a taco bar, backyard-inspired barbecue such as wagyu beef hotdogs and a spicy fried chicken sandwich, as well as desserts like custom ice cream sandwiches and caramel corn.
- Guests may also purchase a VIP experience that combines Concours d’Elegance exhibition viewing with entry to the fairway tasting tents. The Concours d’Elegance + Hosted Bar includes a selection of the fine- and casual-dining options Wynn Las Vegas is known for, as well as select beverages.
- The weekend of festivities conclude on Sunday, Oct. 30 with the Tour d’Elegance, a motorcade down the famous Las Vegas Strip where Jay Leno will serve as grand marshal.
For additional event information, to buy tickets, or to apply for entry, please visit www.lasvegasconcours.com.
About Wynn Las Vegas
Wynn Resorts is the recipient of more Forbes Travel Guide Five Star Awards than any other independent hotel company in the world and in 2022 was once again honored on FORTUNE Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies list. Wynn and Encore Las Vegas consist of two luxury hotel towers with a total of 4,748 spacious hotel rooms, suites and villas. The resort features approximately 194,000 square feet of casino space, 21 signature dining experiences, 11 bars, two award-winning spas, approximately 513,000 rentable square feet of meeting and convention space, approximately 155,000 square feet of retail space as well as two showrooms, two nightclubs, a beach club, and recreation and leisure facilities, including Wynn Golf Club, an 18-hole, 129-acre championship golf course. For more information on Wynn and Encore Las Vegas, visit press.wynnlasvegas.com.
If you like stories like these and other classic car features, check out Old Cars magazine. CLICK HERE to subscribe.
Want a taste of Old Cars magazine first? Sign up for our weekly e-newsletter and get a FREE complimentary digital issue download of our print magazine.
View the original article to see embedded media.
*As an Amazon Associate, Old Cars earns from qualifying purchases.